Completing a Warm or Cold Boot on the MC9000 Series
A warm boot should be the first step in trying to resolve a problem with the scanner.
To complete a warm boot for the MC9090, follow the steps below:
- Hold in the Power button for at least five seconds.
- As soon as the scanner begins to boot let go of the Power button.
How to Complete a Cold Boot on the MC9000 series
A cold boot completely restarts the scanner and restores it to the way it was when it was shipped from Motorola. All information that has not been saved to flash memory or a memory card will be lost. Only do this if a warm boot does not resolve the issue.
**A cold boot will reset the scanner to its default settings. However, if you have synced the scanner with your computer, you can retrieve your data the next time you sync.**
To complete a cold boot, follow the steps below:
- Press the primary battery release on the mobile computer to partially eject the battery from the mobile computer.
- On an MC9090-G, while the battery is partially released, simultaneously press and release the trigger and the Power button.
**Do not press any other buttons during this time.**
- Reinsert the battery and allow the device to boot up.
- The cold boot process is now complete.